WELCOME

Hello! I'm Suzannah, a serious DIYer and mom of two little ones. Follow along with my DIY fixer upper house renovations, sewing and crafty projects, real food recipes, and de-stressing goals.
I believe you can love your home just the way it is, AND have the power to design and make big changes to make it better.
I'm also the author of DIY Wardrobe Makeovers!

Painted the dining room table!

I am really excited to have finally conquered the table-painting job!  I think the table and chairs look pretty good:


I painted and polyurethane-d the table top, and spray-painted gold the metal details on the legs.  Sort of tacky but they were a very gross, cheap brass from 40-some years ago and looked awful even after I cleaned them.
The polyurethane finish is still drying so I can't pose the table with any place settings, so use your imagination!  I am really excited to have this set done.  They are sort of a weird style, but I'm not digging the new looks at Pottery Barn (too traditional and chunky) or the modern looks of West Elm.  Maybe this is an anthropologie-type dining room look?  I hope so.
Thanks to craigslist, I paid $60 for this table, three leaves, cover protectors for the tabletop and the leaves, and six chairs.  Plus $4.50/yard for the fabric, $20 for the paint, and a few dollars here and there for other expenses like staples.  I think it was a good deal!

No comments

Post a Comment

Search

© Create / Enjoy • Theme by Maira G.