WELCOME

Hello! I'm Suzannah, a serious DIYer and mom of two little ones. Follow along with my DIY fixer upper house renovations, sewing and crafty projects, real food recipes, and de-stressing goals.
I believe you can love your home just the way it is, AND have the power to design and make big changes to make it better.
I'm also the author of DIY Wardrobe Makeovers!

Retro look satin party dress

I made this cute party dress today copied from this great dress from Boden:

I didn't have a pattern even close to this look, so I modified this Simplicity pattern by changing the top gathers to side bust darts:
I was a little worried about the fit in the bust, but I think it worked out:

To emulate the Boden dress with beads or something on the yoke, I added some white "Sew-on fashion jewels" that I got for about .97 at JoAnn.  I should probably look for some more in something similar to fill it in more... I now notice the Boden version has quite a lot of decoration and is very cute that way! Unfortunately mine is made of cheap poly satin instead of heavy silk, but it will be fun for this season and is festive, too!

1 comment

Search

© Create / Enjoy • Theme by Maira G.